Saturday, January 31, 2009
Steelers defeat Cardinals 27-13 to win Super Bowl XLIII
The Pittsburgh Steelers, using a bruising defense featuring a relentless pass rush, defeated the clearly overmatched Arizona Cardinals 27-13 on Sunday. The Cardinals, playing their first game against a quality AFC opponent since a humiltating 47-7 loss to the New England Patriots, were on the run all day. The Steelers after the game admitted that the Patriots would have been a far better opponent and they weren't even in the playoffs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
ouch
Funny, funny, funny!!!
I've got the Cards, 26 - 24.
Go Red!!!
Not saying I want the Steelers to win. Just telling it like it is.
Steelers it is. Good call, Rick.
Much closer than I thought it would be. Steelers lost composure in 4th quarter...except for the final drive.
Heard from Joanne Tuori that she was so nervous in the 4th quarter that she thought they were going to have to give her the results in the Emergency Room!!
I was pulling for the Cards. I did think the Steelers rally came apart in the 4th quarter. And I don't know why Holmes didn't get a penalty for his antics. I also don't know why the last play wasn't reviewed. Just strange. With the 15 yard penalty the Steelers got on the same play, Arizona would have had one last play from the 29 yard line. It would have been fun to see if Fitzgerald could have gone up and grabbed a pass in the end zone.
I have no idea why the Cardinals final play wasn't reviewed. I thought it was an incomplete pass.
Post a Comment