Thursday, January 15, 2009

Email at last

Dear family,

At long last I have found a way for us to receive new blog posts by email. You will notice, in the right-hand column, a section entitled "Email Subscriptions". Under the title there is a box into which you can enter your email address. After entering your address, click "Get Email Updates". This will bring you to a new screen, where you check your email address (to make sure you typed it correctly) and then enter the code. Next, click "subscribe me!". You will then receive a "Confirm your registration" email from FeedBlitz. Open it and click the link that says "Click here to activate your account". A final page will open confirming that you are registered.

I believe it is set up now to send only one email each day that there is a post (no email will be sent if there is no post). I may need to fiddle with it as we go along.

Anyway, in the meantime I still want to work on the spacing of the blog...it still looks so squished!

Tenderly,

Rick

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, the second page is a page where you have to copy and paste the url address of the web site. You click that and it takes you to the page where you enter the code.

Rick Barry said...

Thanks Dad. Actually, I think I just fixed the problem so that this step is no longer necessary. If, for whatever reason, it does ask for the site url, enter: campbarry.blogspot.com