I humbly submit that we discuss Pearl S. Buck's classic The Good Earth. Below is a link with info about it, as well as easy ways to order a copy inexpensively. Below I've also posted a review from that website, which well captures my feelings about it. I know the book will generate a fun and hearty discussion. It's a terrific book!
Coincidentally, Diane had suggested this book for our Camp Books Club a few years ago. Great suggestion, Diane!
So, we've got all of FOUR MONTHS to savor each page. But I now ask you: Will you join us??!
http://www.amazon.com/Good-Earth-Enriched-Classics/dp/0671510126
A review of the book on Amazon.com: "This is a potent story, brimming with irony, yet simply told against a framework of mounting social change. It is a story that stands as a parable in many ways and is one that certainly should be read. It illustrates the timeless dichotomy between the young and the old, the old and the new, and the rich and the poor. It is no wonder that this beautifully written book won a Pulitzer Prize and is considered a classic masterpiece. Bravo!"
3 comments:
Thanks John. I hope we'll be at CB this year. If so, this looks like an interesting book. Billy got it for his birthday. Thanks again. Bill
My teachers thought I was savoring each page but, in truth, I'm just a slow reader. Consider it read.
Congratulations to ML! Star athlete on campus. Jeff Casey's mother went to M'ville. Loved it.
Thanks, Uncle John. I'll try to be ready for the discussion.
Post a Comment