Hi all.
Well, I'll be the first to acquiesce to Uncle Bill's blog request. The topic I've been given is my experience at the TD BankNorth Garden, seeing the World Champion Boston Celtics take on the lowly, then-16-49 Los Angeles Clippers.
To begin, let me just say that it was a wonderful time. My mother and I arrived in Boston at about 5:30 for the 7:30 game and got some dinner at a nearby Irish pub while we were waiting. Her food was terrific... mine, not so much. But it was the experience that counted.
In terms of the game, my favorite part was actually the anticipation, and getting to see the players for the first time. Let me tell you, seeing them in person was absolutely thrilling. Having watched them a couple hundred times on TV, it was incredible to realize that we were all actually there, together, in the same building! ... I loved it.
Knowing the Celtics so well, I was eagerly anticipating hearing Garnett's song, "In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins, and I'd been waiting all evening to see him beat his chest to rile up the crowd. Suffice it to say that I was psyched to hear and see them both. (Man, I love that guy....)
Anyhow, the game itself wasn't terrific by the Celtics' standards, but we knocked down some nice shots, and we did get the win....
Three highlights in my mind: (1) Starbury nails a deep three from the top of the arc. (2) Big Baby comes up with a steal, dribbles down the court, goes behind his back, and finds Eddie House for a corner trey. And finally, (3) Rondo hits Garnett with an alley-oop for the slam.
All in all... great night. The boys weren't firing on all cylinders, but it was a thrill to see them play. That said, if I get the chance, I'll be there again in a heartbeat.
Peace,
Mike
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Glad you stepped up to the challange of a blog post, Mike. I really enjoyed your narrative of the Boston/Celtics game experience. Probably because you enjoyed it so much!! Rae
Mike, you should be a writer. I will say that I did swell up with pride reading that you made your way toward an Irish pub. God bless you my lad.
I love your writing style, Mike.
Glad you had so much fun! Keep living your dreams.
Thanks Mickey, You are a talented writer. I've really enjoy your style of writing, and of course your description of the game's highlights. I'm beating my chest as I write this, although I am feeling sort of silly. UB
Thanks everyone for your comments.
By the way, I came across a pretty epic new Garnett commercial this afternoon on YouTube. The first snapshot, which shows some of the Garden's great special effects and Garnett hollering up on the jumbotron, brought me back to the incredible intro they put on at the game I went to as well.
Here's the link in case you're interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPrSeRey3SI
- Mike
Post a Comment