Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Happy Birthday, Grace!

Grace,

I have been thinking long and hard about what to get you for your birthday. What is an appropriate gift for a fourteen-year-old young lady? I finally found the perfect thing: the following pictures. Each picture illustrates a different aspect of how I feel on this joyous occasion. Enjoy!

Your loving cousin,

Rick





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first two pictures make perfect sense but the third one is a little confusing.

UB said...

YHey Rick, you've vaulted Grace to 14. She'll be asking Mom and Dad for extra privelages with that age...

Great pictures!

UB said...

Well, it appears Grace (and Allie) are in fact 14 this year, not 13 as I had thought. I'll have to congratulate Allie tonight as well time keeps marching on...

Rick Barry said...

haha, I was worried that I had the age wrong, but every time I subtracted 1995 from 2009 I came up with 14.

Allie must be excited about those extra privileges!

Anonymous said...

Rick,
I've directed Grace to your lovely Birthday message and , like you, anxiously await her views. Alas, it appears that only you and I understand the philosophical and literary themes illustrated with each picture. Sad, really.
More people really should read "Ulysses" and 12th Century Chinese poetry.

Rick Barry said...

I'm glad someone in my family understands me, Uncle Tom!